Monday, July 12, 2010

Dispatch number 2 Learning to be flexible, finally

STILL day three of our grand adventure.....

Did I say Salt Lake City? Change that to Las Vegas. At 57, I am learning to be flexible, finally.

The talley goes something like this: six days behind original schedule, one son /not/ visited, five cities on “the list” /not/ seen, and we've stayed in two cities not on “the list” and I'm still smiling. Oh, and the really bad part is I just learned that I cannot access my email list for all of you. If you have received this, it is because I have dredged up your address from memory. Imagine that?

Vegas has factory Allison service available for our transmission and is closer than Salt Lake. So... we left cool, rainy Flagstaff for dry dusty HOT Las Vegas. The bad news is that the rear A/C quit again upon arrival due to high heat like it did in Phx. The good news is we have high speed internet and cable TV! No fancy restaurants, Vegas shows or high stakes gambling for us. Chili dogs on the tiny stove and email catch up for us. We like our little cabin on 8 wheels and have settled in quite nicely. So far, nothing on this grand adventure has been planned, nor has any of it been a huge disappointment. I'm learning to deal with what comes my way without panic and that is a good skill to acquire at this advanced age.

From the road

-robin

No comments:

Post a Comment