Saturday, July 9, 2011

I see Seattle


Days 10 – 16 June 7th - 13th

I have always wanted to see Seattle, Washington and on June 7th, I got close.

Our next campsite was just outside Seattle in the town of Bothel. It was a nice spot next to a lake full of geese. It was very wet, however, and goose poop was everywhere. Fred said it was a fair trade for the Sprint broadband (4G) and we got a good position for the satellite dish. Hey, you can't have everything. The place was called Lake Pleasant RV Park and it was just that, pleasant, with every site along the lake. We called it our office for the week and worked very hard. One day Fred drove me into Seattle to see the sites. We went to the Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square with trees wrapped up in sweaters We saw people having their wedding pictures taken next to the “gum wall” and made friends with a fish monger. We saw the location of the very first Starbucks and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation offices. We got a free primo parking spot beneath the Space Needle and went up there to take pictures from high above the city. Now I can cross Seattle off my bucket list. I know most of you have been there but for me it was a very big deal. I didn't know it then, but within a few short weeks I would see the Seattle skyline again, this time against the backdrop of beautiful Mount Rainier as we crossed Puget Sound by ferry on our way to Idaho. That ferry trip is skipping ahead of the story so I will just send you a few pictures of our week in Bothel and Seattle. I must hurry with this blog because I am anxious to show you the pictures of the most beautiful city park I have ever seen.

Click here for the pictures...

.... from the road:

-robin

No comments:

Post a Comment