Monday, March 28, 2011

Fred and Robin Enjoy Unique Farm Implements

Did I tell you about the Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine and Tractor Show yet? It was there that I saw my first tractor parade. One more item crossed off the bucket list.

Here is Markey holding the reins (er, steering wheel) of his fine fiberglass pony.


Time moves quickly here as you can tell by the age progression of these train passengers.





At one point... and I'm sorry there are no pictures of this... Fred set his head on fire.
Hindsight proved this to be untrue, however, it is important to realize that I THOUGHT his head was smoking and I was laughing....a lot. I was driving the golf cart, unfortunately I was driving the wrong way on a one way lane but that doesn't really have anything to do with the story. Fred suddenly started flailing around flapping his hat at his head which was clouded by lots of smoke. What else was I to think? I thought he lit himself up somehow and was trying to put his burning head out. What actually happened was several (OK, many) people were hollering at me for going the wrong way. Fred fled the embarrassing situation by jumping out to check out the smoked barbecue beef stand. As I was trying to turn around, the National Anthem began to play so I hollered at Fred to removed his hat. When he returned to the cart, the wasp that had moved into his hat, stung him on the top of his big bald head. He was flapping and flailing and barbecue beef smoke was everywhere. And...I was laughing a lot so you can see how I got the idea that he had set himself on fire. It could happen.
 
 
After looking at acres of antique engines and parts of engines and old oily rags that wipe off engines, we returned to The Noell's Ark Messmythsoneum. The name says it all and we have included a few pictures of it so you can see for yourself. The building is stuffed full of...well...stuff, inside and out. The owner, Bobby Noell, is Chris and Robert's Dad and is famous for his card tricks. He has a couple of calliopes full of instruments and a piano in the building that play music for visitors while he entertains them. They had stopped playing so Fred opened them up, reprogrammed them and tuned some of the instruments while he was in there. It was his maiden voyage into a calliope and resulted in a happy ending. He does love a challenge.

 




And below is my first ride on a Segway!




From the road
-robin







No comments:

Post a Comment