Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mystic Pizza and more


On September 9th, Day 63, we explored the Mystic Seaport. As you all know, and if you didn't, you do now, Fred and I really enjoy film, theater and television. One place I always wanted to experience was Mystic Pizza. I loved the movie, Julia Robert's first, and I wanted to eat there. Well guess what, the movie was filmed all around Mystic, and the author placed the center of the storyline in the restaurant, but it was not filmed in the building. We ate there anyway and the pizza was terrific. The interior was filled with memorabilia and the movie played on a loop for everyone's enjoyment. It met the criteria needed to check it off the bucket list. For those of you who think our bucket list is a tad bit lightweight, we also explored the Appalachian Trail but that story comes later.

If you enjoy shops, ships,ship building, ship history, seafood and a sea breeze, this is the place to visit. We took a boat ride, drove all around the neighborhoods and seaports and enjoyed a nice light wine at lunch next to the water. It gave us another opportunity to reflect on our good fortune. We are having a ball.

When we started this adventure, Fred promised me we could come home any time I wanted. I thought I would give out at least by 60 days. The cool air in the East and the heat back home made it surprisingly easy to stay on the road a bit longer. We entered Maine into the GPS and headed to the Windsor Hamfest. It was a great choice.


From the road
-robin

No comments:

Post a Comment